Saturday, April 20, 2013

Friday Night Review


Oblivion

What did I think of this movie?

I think it was ‘Top Gun’ meets ‘Far and Away’, and had a kid called ‘Logan’s Run’.

*Spoiler* - The future is always a lie.  Well, at least from a certain point of view.

 
 
Now:

Was this the greatest Sci-Fi movie of all time?  No.
Was this the best Tom Cruise movie of all time?  No.

Did I like this movie?  Yes.

Why?  Interesting question.

Going into this movie, I did not know what to expect.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I also will not give away anymore spoilers.  The movie is easy enough to figure out, but it is still an interesting ride.  Just watch for the little things and enjoy the rather short story as it unfolds.  There is complexity in its simplicity, and enough action to entertain. 

My only suggestion on this movie is if your local theater has a cheap night, then you should watch it at that time.  The movie was good, but paying full price on opening night, still haunts my wallet.  At that price I could have bought the Blue Ray.  I could have watched it on my 55” TV with surround sound, and got the same quality of viewing with more comfortable seating. 
 

“Watch” or “Don’t Watch” Scale – Watch this movie.

Then tell me what you thought about it.

Also visit my home on Facebook if you get a chance.
www.facebook.com/turnerbookpage

No comments:

Post a Comment